Thursday, November 11, 2004

My Debut

When I was in High School I was an editor for the school newspaper. Back then I was known as the bitch who would actually mark up your article with red ink, correcting anything from misspelled words to poor sentence structure. Call me whatever you like, but my section of the paper was always spotless and, in my own opinion at least, highly entertaining.

My senior year I wrote a farewell piece. It was about going out into the big wide world and having no idea whatsoever what I would find. Would I find success, joy, happiness? Was it really like what they portrayed on 'Friends'. Seven years later I would be hard pressed to tell you that I have answered any of those questions.

I stood at the edge of space and yelled my message because I was afraid the universe was too vast, too dense and my own existence too small to be anything but inconsequential. That was what my farewell piece was about. Yelling into the void before being sucked up by the unknown. It was the last time I figured anyone might actually hear what I had to say.

So here I am again, yelling into the void. I find it ironic that I am beginning on an ending note... perhaps my story was just continued?

I turned 25 this year and I am far from the 17 year old girl who graduated with ideas of grandeur and rent easily paid. But I'll tell you something interesting. I have never been one to take the easiest route and so my life has been marked by pitfalls, scenic routes and untimely detours. I travel with a first aid kit, a roadside kit, a map book, an inflatable raft and yet somehow I am always underprepared. But still, STILL I am always searching for something new.

This is my something new, my something brilliant, my debut... continued.

Att: non-bloggers, rant here! |

0 Judgements:

Post a Comment

<< Home